April 1, 2008

Maryland & D.C. - a great weekend!


RSB is just returning from our weekend trip to the east coast.
We had such a great time with Gary G. and his staff in Ocean City, Md.
We made great friends among the 4k students who joined us for the gatherings.

We also got the chance to play a show at Ebeneezer's in D.C. on Sunday night and had a great crowd.
This was our second time to play at the music venue, which is below the Ebeneezer's coffee shop on F street (near Union Station).

I never tire of visiting the nation's capital.
I'm that guy - a map in one hand & camera in the other, off to see sights that i've visited ten times before. I am..a dork.

Love it!

Here are some highlights of the trip:


-the cherry blossoms in full bloom along the waterfront


-hanging with students at the Impact conference in MD

-getting to know BEC recording artist Chris Taylor - awesome guy! (his debut album comes out in April)


-dinner with friends at Utopia in D.C. (on U street) - great live jazz and the best steak i've ever had


- an RSB tradition for many years now, visiting the Lincoln Memorial at midnight..amazing view of the city and the best memorial in town


-happening upon a FREE TIBET rally right in front of the White House



Thanks so much to everyone who came out to see the band.
We really enjoyed our time and hope to make it back soon.

Now for the rest of us, what's your favorite place to visit in D.C.? I've told you ours (Lincoln at night), it's your turn.

blessings,
Robbie

9 comments:

Batiansila News Service said...

Dear Robbie,

I wrote a comment on your blog back around Thanksgiving. I found out back then that my daughter might have a birth defect.

Zoe Batiansila was born two Saturdays ago. Last Tuesday she was diagnosed with Trisomy 18. God is going to take her home soon. 50% of kids with that disorder don't make it past their 7 day birthday.

I don't know if you guys read this, but I just wanted to let you know that your songs have been sometimes all that has lifted my head.

This morning my friend woke me with a text saying, "It might not be the prettiest thing that you've ever seen..."

I blogged about the whole thing on my blog (batiansila.blogspot.com) and lots of people come and keep coming. They comment on my faith. But I'm a broken person who listens to great music. And I tell anyone who'll listen that Jesus spoke and speaks through your music and saved me. And saves me.

I don't know how many days I have left with my little girl. But for her, and for her seven brothers and sisters and her mom, there's better days, and a better place, I know.

I wish I could just tell you what you've done for me. Thank you.

-greg

Dale Best said...

Gary Grecco is a scholar and a gentleman! I had the pleasure of working with him about 7 years ago when I worked for a company called Camfel Productions. Great, great guy!!!

robbie seay band said...

greg
we're praying for you guys
thanks so much for sharing your story
i can't imagine all that you're confronting right now
I'm humbled to know our music is a part of this journey..the highs and lows

much love from all of us in rsb land
please keep us posted
r

tsunamimami03 said...

my name is torri..from impact in Md that last weekend in march. I went to your seminar on sunday, stood up and talked (i was wearing a grey shirt) and i also went up on stage and talked at the end, after the silence. KP held the microphone for me.. please say you remember me. You all have helped me overcome so much, and i feel like im a part of the big picture now.

email or IM me
purple_ostriches_rule016@yahoo.com
(AIM)tsunamimami03

robbie seay band said...

tori
we do remember you
thanks so much for joining us in the small session
it was really meaningful for us to hear about what you guys are doing to see change among the poorest and oppressed people in the world.
look for an email from us with the info on several ways you can get involved further.
blessings and great to see you at impact!
robbie

tsunamimami03 said...

Awesome!
and thanks. Impact was great, it made me start to think that God can and will use me. I'm thinking and praying alot about my future... college is in two years... but I think God wants me in youth ministries. I love being around and talking to kids, and helping kids receive God's gift of salvation is my goal, anyday.

You all were great as well, and you set a great example for my kid brother, who doesnt yet believe in God. He was awestruck by RSB though. thank you =]

tORRi

Taylor & Jessica said...

Hey Robbie!
Thanks so much for coming to the east! We had an amazing time! I really enjoyed "Go Outside!" This song meant a lot to me and my wife because we have dedicated our lives to going overseas and reaching the lost! Thanks again for your encouragement and using your talent to praise our God!

tims said...

hi robbie thank you so much for spreding the word of god in ocean city md you guies were great!!

tsunamimami03 said...

i lied.
about my brother. hes believes in God.
im sorry.
please forgive me.
:(