July 30, 2007

my Travis concert experience

i went to a concert tonight.
i don't get to go to concerts much anymore.
i'm somewhat of a loser, lets be frank.

but, on this very night - accompanied by my bass playing pal ryan owens - who unexpectedly purchased my ticket for the show like a true gentleman - i saw one of my favorite bands TRAVIS play in my beloved hometown of Houston.
it was good. like nacho libre reeeeeeeeaaaaaally good.

now we were hoping to share a great photo of the concert with you all from ryan's new fancy iphone.
we positioned ourselves close to the stage so we could get a good angle but before we could snap a shot -- we were surrounded by middle aged women who had a wee bit too much to drink & they were dancing around my friends and i like some pointer sisters reunion tour.

we fled..to the back of the hall we went, lounging with the lazy folk and enjoying favorites like 'all i wanna do is rock' and 'driftwood' with the commoners.

so..instead of a lovely pic from up close, you'll get the blurry light cheap seats shot and you'll just have to like it.

running from dancing old women and rocking out to travis,
robbie and ryan
houston,tx

No comments: